CF-51 memory configuration question

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
OperationDinnerOut

CF-51 memory configuration question

#1 Post by OperationDinnerOut »

The following is an assumption I've made, based on observation... can anyone tell me if it's true that all CF-51 units have *two* SO-DIMM slots, and *no* onboard RAM?
- Andy -
Panasonic Toughbook CF-18 Mk2 - Fully-rugged, Win7
HP EliteBook 2530p - 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, Win7
Panasonic Toughbook CF-28 Mk3 - Rubber backlit keyboard, WinXP/Debian

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

Re: CF-51 memory configuration question

#2 Post by Rob »

TRUE
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

Silver Trooper

#3 Post by Silver Trooper »

And depending on the model you can run up to 4GB of RAM. However, it will not recognize all of it with most OS.
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Driller

#4 Post by Driller »

hey Silver Trooper, I know you have the cf-51 and or cf-52. since they have no onboard ram do you think a cf-52 might be able to go to a 1066 FSB cpu, say like a T9600 if you used the ddr3 ram, if they make it in a 200 pin sodimm style( I think they do just with search on ebay,ha ha!), or is the technology too old to work here, again I'm showing my lack of understanding of all the chipsets and inner workings of thses laptops. just a question and a pipe dream......Driller

Silver Trooper

#5 Post by Silver Trooper »

I have never had my 52 apart, other than to install additional RAM, so I do not know if the chip set is replaceable. Even if it is, there would/could be issues with the motherboard and whether it would support the higher bus speed. The pipeline will only go as fast as it's slowest point. To be honest, other than just "I wanted to see if it would work", why change it anyway? With the current duo core processor and 4GB of RAM, it really screams with most apps and I have tweaked it a bit so I am very satisfied with the processing speed. If you want to go faster to play games or some kind of CAD, then your weak link will be the video anyway.
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”