F110 G3 + Win7

Post all Getac related things here.
interestingfellow

F110 G3 + Win7

#1 Post by interestingfellow »

Hey!
TLDR from where can I purchase a Getac F110 G3 W7 image or otherwise install my own legal copy of w7?
Customer service wants me to send it in to get it imaged and that won't work for my needs.

I want to install win7 for legacy software and also I will not be any version of windows newer than that for personal reasons

I keep getting the missing drive/driver prompt at the install prompt and can't seem to figure out what device is missing the driver?

I've used Nlite to slipstream the Getac driver package into the W7 build 1700 iso
I have also tried it with the intel xhci 3.0 drivers from intel (as opposed to the drivers in the getac cab package)

and rufus to write it to usb stick. I've also tried all the combinations of USB legacy, 2.0, and 3.0, *and I have my OS selected as win7 in the bios

What am I missing? Thanks!

Rich

Re: F110 G3 + Win7

#2 Post by Rich »

I don't know if this helps, I have a CF-54 that I installed windows 7 on. There are no USB 2.0, only 3.0. I removed the drive, then with another pc, copied the setup dvd to a small 4gb partition, reinstalled the drive and the setup started on boot. Then I was able to install the proper Panasonic driver bundle, which gave me the USB 3.0 drivers to make them work. I found a tutorial online, but can't remember where. I tried all of he rufus tricks to no avail. If you have the windows coa off your unit, then you're good, otherwise you'll have to find a windows 7 system builder off of eBay.
Hope that helps.
We get some rules to follow.
That and this, these and those

CF-20 Mk1, CF-31 Mk5 i7, CF-31 Mk6 i7, FZ-G1 Mk2, CF-54 Mk2, CF-29 Mk5, CF-74J,
Star Labs Star Lite Mk3, Star Labs Labtop Mk3, Raspberry Pi 4b 8gb, Raspberry Pi-400, Raspberry Zero W(running piaware), Raspberry Pi 2

interestingfellow

Re: F110 G3 + Win7

#3 Post by interestingfellow »

<SOLVED>
Win7 installer just sucks compared to what the OS can do once installed.

I ended up installing w7 onto a 1 gen older laptop without installing any drivers, and then foxcloned the drive to the G3. Once I install the newest XHCI 3.0 drivers everything works like it should, and I continue the driver package installs from there.
I know it's been common previously with some of these rugged computers, but I've never had to install to a different system and clone the drive to the toughpad before.

Thank you!

Return to “Getac Talk”