Touchscreen and to the left

Post all questions and information about the CF-7x series in here.
twillingham

Touchscreen and to the left

#1 Post by twillingham »

I have a cf 73 that the touchscreen was working just fine. put it behind my seat in my pickup pulled it out later and touchscreen is there the problem is it stays along the left border of the screen no matter where i touch. in addition i cant figure out why there is a hid compliant mouse along with ps/2 in device manager. is there any fix for this or is the screen just messed up now
CF-73 (MK5) Windows XP, Intel 2.0, 80 gig HD. WiFi, Intel 2915 A/B/G, 1 Gig Ram, DVD/CDRW

Silver Trooper

Re: Touchscreen and to the left

#2 Post by Silver Trooper »

Go back into device manager and delete the hid compliant mouse. Should go back to normal and it is not an uncommon occurrence.
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

twillingham

#3 Post by twillingham »

when i reboot the hid comes back how do i get rid of it for good and my touchscreen goes completely away without the hid compliant mouse
CF-73 (MK5) Windows XP, Intel 2.0, 80 gig HD. WiFi, Intel 2915 A/B/G, 1 Gig Ram, DVD/CDRW

twillingham

#4 Post by twillingham »

sorry i just realized i posted this in the wrong forum can someone move it to 73 forum

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#5 Post by Rob »

Moved... I was wondering why this was in the CF-29 forum lol
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

twillingham

#6 Post by twillingham »

my touchscreen wont work without the HID compliant mouse and the fujitsu mouse pad (usb) driver enabled. but the touchscreen mouse stays to the far left border of the screen

Silver Trooper

#7 Post by Silver Trooper »

You say it just stays to the left, it does not jump around?
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

twillingham

#8 Post by twillingham »

yep it will move up and all along the left side of the screen if i touch it in the middle the mouse will move to the middle just stays on the left wall if i touch the screen up top the cursor will move up to the left corner its like the screen/cursor is limited to a very narrow section on the left side of screen

Silver Trooper

#9 Post by Silver Trooper »

Have you checked for debris under the left side? Sounds like it could be the infamous "crap under the edge". One of the Jedi masters should chime in here anytime, let's see what they say.

ToughbookTech

#10 Post by ToughbookTech »

twillingham wrote:I have a cf 73 that the touchscreen was working just fine. put it behind my seat in my pickup pulled it out later and touchscreen is there the problem is it stays along the left border of the screen no matter where i touch. in addition i cant figure out why there is a hid compliant mouse along with ps/2 in device manager. is there any fix for this or is the screen just messed up now
This is the simptom of a bad touchscreen. You're going to need to replace it.

Return to “CF-74 / CF-73 / CF-72 / CF-71 Talk (Discontinued Models)”