CF-73 memory

Post all questions and information about the CF-7x series in here.
Evil Monkey

CF-73 memory

#1 Post by Evil Monkey »

Hi guys,
First time posting! I have a 73 X that for years has been my workhorse. A couple of years ago it started showing 100% CPU at odd times. I traced the offending process to Windows Update, and disabled it, but 100% CPU kept showing up, then other sw packages stopped working. Recently, the unit had trouble booting, then stopped completely. I ran diags from a CD and memory came back as 99% bad, which makes sense. I purchased a 2GB module and installed, and the unit would not boot, but POST reported that the 2GB was recognized and operating, and that "Standard Memory" at 30-FF had failed. Does anyone know where standard memory is located? I dissy'd the unit and found another memory card holder under the back panel, not accessible without opening the unit. I think the second memory card holder is video RAM, and is 64MB, but I am not sure. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and peace!

Joe

ADOR

Re: CF-73 memory

#2 Post by ADOR »

I have read before on a guy having problems with the onboard ram on a CF-28, he tried to disable the onboard but never got the unit working right. I think that thread is on Notebook review under the Panasonic section.

If you still want your CF-73 it may be time to hit ebay or ask around for another unit and just save the other one for parts. That way you can use your battery and other stuff on a stripper unit. I have always like the Mk3 in the series best as it had ATI 9000 graphics.

Or it maybe time you want to move up to a newer unit. Me and others can give you our opinion on those units as we have owned several others. All of mine have been used.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Return to “CF-74 / CF-73 / CF-72 / CF-71 Talk (Discontinued Models)”