CF-30K

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
Post Reply
Message
Author
FA7289
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:57 pm

CF-30K

#1 Post by FA7289 »

I have chosen to downgrade from Vista to XP-Pro, the new disk was supplied by Panasonic Toughbook dept in Canada. I now see I may need a new bios, however the install now seems to work fine. I checked the JP site and could only find a bios for MK1. Should I have concerns running the bios on the machine now, with XP-Pro ?

Thanks, Steve C

User avatar
Shawn
Posts: 2959
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 am

Re: CF-30K

#2 Post by Shawn »

Why do you think that you need a bios change?
Life will beat you into submission.

User avatar
toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:59 pm
Location: "TOUGHBOOK LAND" ME ,USA / NB . CANADA

Re: CF-30K

#3 Post by toughasnails »

I can't see why. I hate Vista just as much as Windows 10
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
___________________
CF-19 MK1, 2, 5 Emissive Keyboard, Samsung 240GB SSD, 12GB Ram, W7 64 bit, GPS *
CF-28 MK2, 3
CF-30 MK2 , Intel SSD, 4GB , GPS, W7 Ultimate , Bluetooth, Emissive Keyboard
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Dell 1710
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Google Pixel XL
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

FA7289
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: CF-30K

#4 Post by FA7289 »

Shawn wrote:Why do you think that you need a bios change?
The JP site talks about it for, and offer a new bios, which are different for XP and Vista, CF30 MK1, but nothing for MK3. Just curious!
Steve C

FA7289
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: CF-30K

#5 Post by FA7289 »

toughasnails wrote:I can't see why. I hate Vista just as much as Windows 10
This is the info that got me curious,
http://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/docs/11545

Steve C

User avatar
SHEEPMAN!
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:13 pm
Location: TDR-HQ California

Re: CF-30K

#6 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Wondering why is cool. Maybe this will shed a bit of light. :)

The CF-30 MK1 had no "switch" in the bios for tablet v.s. touch. So they did the switching with a different bios.

Windows 7 thinks it's a tablet. Vista thought IT was a tablet. XP ran as a Touchscreen and didn't worry about the fuss.

If your 30K is set on auto(touchscreen mode) or touchscreen in the bios it will work fine with XP.

Properly set up with Panasonic drivers your "working" XP will have a fujitsu component as the only resident of the h.i.d. section in [Device Manager].

Working W7 or Vista will show two generic hid drivers in [Device Manager] but not the fujitsu driver.

You should:
1. Run the install disk as a new install.
2. Boot to F2 and [F9][F10] "set to defaults" "save" after making sure touch is enabled. (Not tablet) You may have to reboot twice before auto mode works right. (semi-normal)
3. If you have a GPS on board disable it before installing. Then run this as Administrator.
Attachments
regpatch.png
regpatch.png (27.96 KiB) Viewed 6371 times
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

FA7289
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: CF-30K

#7 Post by FA7289 »

SHEEPMAN! wrote:Wondering why is cool. Maybe this will shed a bit of light. :)

The CF-30 MK1 had no "switch" in the bios for tablet v.s. touch. So they did the switching with a different bios.

Windows 7 thinks it's a tablet. Vista thought IT was a tablet. XP ran as a Touchscreen and didn't worry about the fuss.

If your 30K is set on auto(touchscreen mode) or touchscreen in the bios it will work fine with XP.

Properly set up with Panasonic drivers your "working" XP will have a fujitsu component as the only resident of the h.i.d. section in [Device Manager].

Working W7 or Vista will show two generic hid drivers in [Device Manager] but not the fujitsu driver.

You should:
1. Run the install disk as a new install.
2. Boot to F2 and [F9][F10] "set to defaults" "save" after making sure touch is enabled. (Not tablet) You may have to reboot twice before auto mode works right. (semi-normal)
3. If you have a GPS on board disable it before installing. Then run this as Administrator.
SHEEPMAN thanks for the advice,,Steve C

User avatar
ADOR
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:51 pm
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: CF-30K

#8 Post by ADOR »

Not part of your original topic but since you are now on XP. Once you update to the end of updates for xp pro and turn off the nags installed on the last few updates that the sky was falling. You have a few options to keep xp going good. One is to lock it down where it is with steady state.

http://download.cnet.com/Windows-Steady ... 77409.html

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... dd6d2=True

Once you have read that there is another option. Keep getting updates for windows xp. If you do a quick mod of your XP OS and make it think it's embedded edition it will keep getting updates till that is cut off in 2019.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2310301 ... lling.html

It is reported there is a chance that a update can mess things up because it isn't going on the right edition of windows, but I have yet to see anyone who has done it have a problem yet. Just a light warning and FYI.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Post Reply

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”