My color changing, every option I can find mk 6 build.

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
tgambob

My color changing, every option I can find mk 6 build.

#1 Post by tgambob »

Hi all I'm making this thread to document the contraption I'm putting together since I have caught the toughbook bug.
In 2 months I have now acquired 3 working mk 6 and spare top half lol. This build is using my cf 191hyag1m that was my first purchase and my main toy at the moment with 2710 hours.
Parts so far I am adding:
Fingerprint reader, gobi 3000 mc8355 (should have came in machine but didnt), 16gb ram (2x8), Samsung 840 250 gb ssd, digitizer ( had to buy a whole laptop to get the digitizer but will swap my spare ts onto it), digitizer pen ( would the digitizer 19 come with a pen, of course not), rubber keyboard, pani shoulder strap extension and for some reason (drinking) a info case for it, and last but not least some black to clear thermochromic paint for the top.

The paint I chose transitions to clear at 77f. I'm painting it over the silver on the top so when it's cool it's all black and when it's hot you would never know. Since I have a spare top half I may play with a couple different things on it and see what works. There are many different colors and can transition between colors and clear or even between colors. There are also many different temp sets so this may get interesting, should show some cool effects as to what gets hot lol.
Still missing some parts but getting close, have her splattered across the floor right now like some gruesome toughbook murder scene. I will post pics hopefully in a couple days of how it turns out. Anyone see any problems with adding all this junk? Suggestions? Still waiting to find a couple things to round it out new pani port covers, new carry handle, latch, new bottom sticker. I can't decide on gps though, I really want the ublox based gps. So either tech tuff or the mk8 one correct? Anyone know or think of a model number for this beast?

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”