IE8 Problem

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
toyo

IE8 Problem

#1 Post by toyo »

I had been using the IE8 Beta for some time now with no major problems except it is so slow compared to FF. They came out with the final version of IE8 the other day, so I downloaded it. Everything went fine except the craziest thing is happening now. I have loaded 100's of websites, but NBR will not load. It will load about 75% then it just closes the browser. NBR is the ONLY web site that wont load, at least so far. I have looked at every single setting I can think of, but no luck. It loads just fine on FF.

You guys got any ideas of what I can look at? I have asked a couple of times on NBR and nobody seems to reply. I am stumped.

nine

Re: IE8 Problem

#2 Post by nine »

have you tried the "Emulate the broken, non-standard behavior of IE7" mode?

nine
nine

Toughbooks, I have a few :)

toyo

#3 Post by toyo »

Where would I find that? I have looked. I was finally able to get an error window. It says the jQuery is undefined. HGGHH????
FF is so much faster, I like using it. However, I have been using IE for so long it's kinda strange to be using something new.

nine

#4 Post by nine »

I haven't tried IE8 yet, so I'm not sure what the exact buttonology is, but I know that it supports an IE7 compatability mode. I'm fairly addicted to Firefox with the Noscript and Grab and Drag addons. Grab and Drag is great for using in tablet mode, it provides some great "flick" gestures for scrolling through documents.

nine
nine

wyrm73

#5 Post by wyrm73 »

nine wrote:have you tried the "Emulate the broken, non-standard behavior of IE7" mode?

nine
:lauging: :boing: :rofl:

Silver Trooper

#6 Post by Silver Trooper »

Check this link, it is only one of many articles about the problems of IE8:

http://www.crn.com/software/215901500

Also, when you check the article, move your cursor over to the right and watch what opens!
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

nine

#7 Post by nine »

Silver Trooper wrote:Also, when you check the article, move your cursor over to the right and watch what opens!
NOTHING!

NoScript FTW!

nine
nine

toyo

#8 Post by toyo »

I even get the same error message for this web site. I have been using FF alot lately and really enjoying it. I have to use a Iron Key flash drive and FF is the on board browser which is nice. www.ironkey.com

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”