CF-52 MK II no power

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
SHEEPMAN!

Re: CF-52 MK II no power

#11 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

If I'm understanding your description, could have been headset or microphone jack, wireless switch, screen area under latch, or around indicator lights.

Somebody put a couple drops of liquid in the headset jack of a running CF-52 and see what happens. :D

I pulled the 7 shaped door for the bios chip and wireless card. A bright light shining from the handle side through the black screen is clearly visible near plenty of fuses.

Sorry for your trouble.
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Bill_TN

#12 Post by Bill_TN »

safn1949 wrote:I just bought a 52mk2 for $50 shipped today,not even worth fixing when they can be had for that price.
Hey hey hey. Don't go putting 52's down. The one that I have is actually near and dear to me. She's become my keep at the shop machine. Replaced my 74's in that aspect.
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

As long as the deal is good for you it is good for me.

Member of Toughbooktalk and Notebook Review forums

safn1949

#13 Post by safn1949 »

Twocents wrote:I'm not in a hurry. I'll try and check for messages here daily until I hear from you.
Should be here on or about Sept 8th.
2 CF-30Mk3's, 2 CF-71's, CF-L1, 3 CF-72's, CF-73, CF-74, CF-48, CF-50, CF-51Mk3, 2 CF-19's,7 CF-52's, FZ-A1 and other assorted beaters.

Twocents

#14 Post by Twocents »

safn1949 wrote:
Twocents wrote:I'm not in a hurry. I'll try and check for messages here daily until I hear from you.
Should be here on or about Sept 8th.
Sounds good.

Twocents

#15 Post by Twocents »

Sadlmkr -

I hadn't thought of the jacks, I'll have to check that out. As far as I can tell the area around the bios/wireless is dry and shows no sign of being wet. Thanks for the well wishes, these things happen. I'm really attached to the form of the CF-52, it works better than any other laptop I've owned. I need to save my pennies for a CF-54! I'm sure I'll be able to afford one in a few years once there are enough of them on the used market.

Bill_TN -

I agree with you about knocking the CF-52. The whole reason I got my first one was because they are so reliable, minus user error... I'm sure that it's not any kind of a record, but I think the last time I looked at the time in bios it was 26K hours or so and I suspect that's better than most other brands. On the other hand my wife has gone through two other laptops and wants another one. I'm planning on dropping a SSD into the CF-52 and keep on going with one. New and shiny are all well and fine, but most people, myself included, don't need the latest and greatest.

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”