Linux Mint 17 w/ Mate

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
droppointalpha

Linux Mint 17 w/ Mate

#1 Post by droppointalpha »

Looking at a CF31AAP192M and wanted to check with my fellow Linux users regarding potential issues regarding the acquisition of this i5 unit.

Is the screen flicker still present in the 31? Other issues?

SHEEPMAN!

Re: Linux Mint 17 w/ Mate

#2 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Not in the 31. I had 17.1 on mine. I really like the combo. I could check to be sure but would have to get up from my chair. :) O.K. O.K. wait a sec.....
ATAAA2M 21 second boot platter drive to 17.1. 8 second boot to Makulu with SSD. The 17.1 was installed on a MK2-30 but works fine in the 31.
This is a machine that really benefits from a SSD. (8GB ram I think). I just got tired of W7.
If 17, 17.1 flicker then Makulu-9 will too, but it seems limited to MK-3 30 and a little different with MK-1 30. Mk2-30 no issue.
Makulu-9 xfce is my favorite at the moment.
Cleve uses Mate. I prefer cinnamon or xfce with a tweak. More and more I like xfce, it's lighter. IMHO

Thanks,

Jeff...Oh! (on re-read)no issues other than the DVD drive. It's proprietary to the 31. Something I have been fighting with. It boots fine but copying is a problem for -9 Makulu. I just haven't found the right tweak yet. I don't remember a problem with Mint 17. Probably a users/groups thing or ????
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

kode-niner

#3 Post by kode-niner »

XFCE has also been my weapon of choice lately, albeit on straight Debian as you know.
Daily drives a CF-31

droppointalpha

#4 Post by droppointalpha »

Appreciate the feed back!

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”