CF-30KCPAXAM - Top inch of TS very unresponsive

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
mklym

Re: CF-30KCPAXAM - Top inch of TS very unresponsive

#21 Post by mklym »

Sadlmkr wrote:I have a bad mobo CF-30 MK3. :D
You are a bad mofo on a CF-30 MK3. :D

I have not tried changing the threshold value.

It would be good to be able to compare the W7 TS calibration values to the ones in Linux, but I have no idea where to look.

The mystery continues. :spinny:
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

SHEEPMAN!

#22 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

The registry.
use regedit and poke around.
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

mklym

#23 Post by mklym »

I searched the registry for 'touchscreen', which found nothing, and 'calibration' which found many entries ...... for windows colour calibration, but nothing regarding touchscreen calibration.

I have noticed that the TS seems even less responsive with Makulu Linux. I might have to go ahead and change the TS for a new one. First I need to make/find the time to be able to change it out, but the winds of change are blow with gale force.

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Shawn

#24 Post by Shawn »

Look in registry for Fujitsu...
Life will beat you into submission.

mklym

#25 Post by mklym »

Sure. Lots of entries but nothing about calibration, mainly hardware IDs. Thanks for the suggestion.

kode-niner

#26 Post by kode-niner »

I think it's somewhere under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Pen
Daily drives a CF-31

mklym

#27 Post by mklym »

Went there, checked that, no joy. The only entry that shows anything about 'x' or 'y' input has to do with the 'Flicks' feature.

kode-niner

#28 Post by kode-niner »

Someone somewhere on the web had calibration problems and solved it by removing driver/software, removing that key from the registry, then re-installing driver/software. Let me dig it up.

Ah here:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... rohardware
http://superuser.com/questions/162465/t ... -windows-7
Daily drives a CF-31

mklym

#29 Post by mklym »

Thanks for the help Kode. I read the info in the links you posted, but they are about a digitizer equipped laptop. I am not having calibration problems, it is a problem with the screen not being responsive to the stylus. At this point I believe Shawn was correct when he said the problem sounds like the TS is starting to separate. I have a spare TS and will change the TS when I get time. The TS still works but needs a lot of pressure along the top inch of the screen to get the cursor to move. Thanks again for the help. I appreciate it.

mklym

#30 Post by mklym »

Update:

I have replaced the TS with a new one and all is good, works great. The TS slowly got worse and worse until I had lost about an inch and a half on both the top and the bottom of the screen.

On a side note, I also replaced the rubber KB for a new rubber KB. Typing does not require a 32oz ball peen hammer anymore. With the new kb and ts this unit is now my daily driver. :thumbsup:

Thank you Shawn for the proper initial diagnosis. :salute:

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”