Updated SolydX - no FoxTrotGPS

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
mklym

Updated SolydX - no FoxTrotGPS

#1 Post by mklym »

I did the latest update to SolydX this morning, when finished I restarted the unit and went to fire up FoxTrot to download more maps. When I clicked on the menu entry for FT, I saw the program flash open, then immediately closed. Any one have a fix?

I don't have the time to search the Solyd forums. Trying to get 5 systems built before Fri, got 4 hrs sleep last night.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

SHEEPMAN!

Re: Updated SolydX - no FoxTrotGPS

#2 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

First of all make a copy of your home directory ....maps should be in there and you don't want to lose them.
Then I would right click foxtrot and set as favorite again.
Could this be a permissions issue? Are you admin or custom in users and groups? I chose admin.
Could solydx have changed the way the menu is handled..or maybe it's buggy.

IOW I don't know but I'm thinking about it.
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

mklym

#3 Post by mklym »

I am in the admin group.
I have over 7mil items, totaling over 5.8GB in my maps folder. It is backed up every night.
I will try those suggestions when I get time, maybe later tonight. Been at it since 05:30.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

kode-niner

#4 Post by kode-niner »

If you fire it up through the command line in a terminal, there's likely to be an error message displayed.
Daily drives a CF-31

mklym

#5 Post by mklym »

Here are the errors from terminal.

Code: Select all

morgan@cf-29mk4tb:~$ foxtrotgps

(foxtrotgps:3136): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_toolbar_set_icon_size: assertion 'icon_size != GTK_ICON_SIZE_INVALID' failed

(foxtrotgps:3136): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_toolbar_set_icon_size: assertion 'icon_size != GTK_ICON_SIZE_INVALID' failed

(foxtrotgps:3136): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkDialog:has-separator is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
REPOLIST == NULL
*** on_drawingarea1_configure_event(): 
pixmap created
Not autocentering map due to missing gps data

(foxtrotgps:3136): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_entry_set_text: assertion 'GTK_IS_ENTRY (entry)' failed
Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked
Aborted
morgan@cf-29mk4tb:~$ 
The autocentering bit is because I don't run the GPS if all I am doing is downloading maps at different levels of zoom.

I never did add FT to the favorites menu, hit the surrender key, tap accessories, tap FT. Surrender key=super key 'cause it looks like a waving white flag on the emissive kb of the 29MK4. Bill surrenders! :D

SHEEPMAN!

#6 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

I like it. lol

kode-niner

#7 Post by kode-niner »

This is the relevant bit:
Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_entry_set_text: assertion 'GTK_IS_ENTRY (entry)' failed

From what I've read so far is that it's a recently discovered bug that has been filed upstream in Debian's bug track, so this is not specifik to SolydX.

I don't know much about this distro, but I would look into downgrading foxtrotgps or track down what other subystems were upgraded in order to make sense of how it broke in the first place.
Daily drives a CF-31

SHEEPMAN!

#8 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Here's mine:
Running LMDE 17

(foxtrotgps:15942): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_toolbar_set_icon_size: assertion `icon_size != GTK_ICON_SIZE_INVALID' failed

(foxtrotgps:15942): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_toolbar_set_icon_size: assertion `icon_size != GTK_ICON_SIZE_INVALID' failed
REPOLIST == NULL
*** on_drawingarea1_configure_event():
pixmap created

(foxtrotgps:15942): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_entry_set_text: assertion `GTK_IS_ENTRY (entry)' failed
connection to gpsd SUCCEEDED

Note GPSD succeeded. I have seen such entries before when running a GUI actuated program from Terminal. Not the fail one. Don't know why.....takes too much thinking.

What say to reloading foxtrotgps?

kode-niner

#9 Post by kode-niner »

Heh, GTK related warning messages aren't all that unusual. Go ahead and re-install foxtrotgps if you wish, but like I said, if it were me I would look into seeing what was upgraded and follow the path to downgrading anything related to foxtrotgps application, data and gpsd. It's not a simple task, though.
Daily drives a CF-31

mklym

#10 Post by mklym »

I have Foxtrotgps working again. See this link:

http://forums.solydxk.com/viewtopic.php ... 461#p46461

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”