MK3 touch screen issue

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
Silver Trooper

MK3 touch screen issue

#1 Post by Silver Trooper »

I have a MK3 that I used the MK3 recovery disc download to install W7. The cursor seems to want to bounce around a bit (I cleaned under the touch pad and that helped some) and I cannot get the calibration program to work. The drivers seem to be correct, but......
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

noxtreme

Re: MK3 touch screen issue

#2 Post by noxtreme »

Are you having issues with the Touchscreen or Touchpad?

1. Touchpad
Check there are no punctures or damages on the touchpad surface.

2. Touch screen
Try clear/clean out any dirt or solid particles that may be trapped on the inside edges of the Touchscreen and front lcd bezel.
Toughbook CF-19 Mk7 GPS 4G Lte Emissive KB || Mk5 GPS 4G Lte Emissive KB || Mk4 GPS 3G Emissive KB || Mk2 3G Emissive KB

Shawn

#3 Post by Shawn »

Does it have GPS?
Did you run the GPS patch?
Life will beat you into submission.

SHEEPMAN!

#4 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Solid particle or GPS.

I vote solid particle.

Yer not using Panasonic drivers are you?
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Silver Trooper

#5 Post by Silver Trooper »

It does not have factory GPS, I have an add on that will go in soon. There are no punctures of the touch pad and I have cleaned around the edges twice, but have not done the screen. I will clean around the screen and see if that helps.
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

noxtreme

#6 Post by noxtreme »

You need to find out which hardware is the likely cause of the cursors random movement.

Try disable the Touch Screen in Bios and test the Touchpad for random cursor movements.

Do this also for the Touchpad and disable it in Bios and test the Touchscreen. You should be able to determine which of the 2 is causing the cursor movement.
Toughbook CF-19 Mk7 GPS 4G Lte Emissive KB || Mk5 GPS 4G Lte Emissive KB || Mk4 GPS 3G Emissive KB || Mk2 3G Emissive KB

SHEEPMAN!

#7 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Good call.

If you run a piece of notched plastic around the screen while on it will react when you find your culprit. Something nearly as thick as a credit card...notch the end to a point so it will get behind the varmint. A folded screen protector works good.
Mine was a fairly hard piece of crud on one side of the TS.

Good luck.
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Silver Trooper

#8 Post by Silver Trooper »

I have cleaned as much as I can, both with sliding a plastic spatula under the edge and using canned air. I still cannot get the calibration program to work at all. The strange part is when I click on something that causes a secondary window to open (such as when Windows ask your permission to run a program), the cursor will shoot off to the left of the screen and the only way I can click either run or cancel is to pull the cursor across the screen with one finger and hold it over the button and press the left click on the touchpad while having it hover. Once that window closes, the cursor acts normally again. However, the calibration is so far off I cannot use the touch screen otherwise. I have reinstalled both the touch pad and touch screen drivers twice and still a no go.

Shawn

#9 Post by Shawn »

Boot with a Ubuntu live CD and see what happens.

Sounds like the TS went TU.
Life will beat you into submission.

safn1949

#10 Post by safn1949 »

Outer panel is going bad,I had a mk1 do that. Replaced the panel and all was good,if you can get a mk2 you can just change the entire top for not much money. Can't mix the parts mk2 to mk3,tried that and got rainbows.

Try the linux live boot first,then crack the top open and unplug the ribbon to the outer panel and try your regular touchpad again. If it works get a panel. :boing:
2 CF-30Mk3's, 2 CF-71's, CF-L1, 3 CF-72's, CF-73, CF-74, CF-48, CF-50, CF-51Mk3, 2 CF-19's,7 CF-52's, FZ-A1 and other assorted beaters.

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”