confused

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
Mxx20

confused

#1 Post by Mxx20 »

Ok I love my Cf-30 but much like my29 I had it's starting to lack on the performance with the newer software that I've got to run...and in the heat lately....I'm just wondering if something else may be better. I've got a Cf-52 for the wife,me the30 and work Just got a new ez tech that's a Cf-53.. runs good.. but I've been just playing around with ideas and have likedthe18's and19's but the screen is to small. Saw the c1's and know nothing about then...

I'm just confused and liking for sine advise and maybe sine input

safn1949

Re: confused

#2 Post by safn1949 »

CF-52 with an i3 or i5, nice size screen and good performance for $800 or less. The C1 is a tablet and has a smaller screen I believe.

CF-53 is more but brighter screen and i5. $$$

CF-31 if you really like the fully rugged,i5 but pricey.
2 CF-30Mk3's, 2 CF-71's, CF-L1, 3 CF-72's, CF-73, CF-74, CF-48, CF-50, CF-51Mk3, 2 CF-19's,7 CF-52's, FZ-A1 and other assorted beaters.

Shawn

#3 Post by Shawn »

What are you looking to do with it?
Do you want / need fully Rugged? Touchscreen?
Any requirements for the video?
Life will beat you into submission.

Mxx20

#4 Post by Mxx20 »

I met the Cf-c1 the convertible one lol, but on my29 burned the mother board out and lately my30 had been strange in the heat more so when it's sitting next to a truck with a regen running because my Bluetooth quit (it does that on hot days for some reason ....wondering if a semi rugged would do better with the cooling...maybe I'm just kidding my mind lol... But price wise31 is out of the question right ...

I'm a diesel mechanic lead diagnostic guy(my roll changed a little while back and don't seem to need something as rugged) I need something already semi rugged...but as far as software...I'm running ask the truck diag software...all is starting to seem to be java based andsends to be reading taking more than it used too...

Love the fully rugged due to the risk of it being covered in fluid but haven't fully had to use it yet

Shawn

#5 Post by Shawn »

I would agree with safn1949 and suggest a CF52 semi rugged..

Mxx20

#6 Post by Mxx20 »

One thing that I've liked was the18'being convertible...it has some advantages it seems but screen is to small....sorry my mind is so many different ways

Shawn

#7 Post by Shawn »

I just got my first CF19....The screen is small....I would not want to use it for 8 hours a day.
It does have its uses though....
I'm sure the screen resolution could be adjusted down some to make it easier on the eyes...I'm still setting my up so I don't have much real life experience yet....
One thing that is really nice with the CF30 or CF18/19 is the ease of installing a GPS....Using the laptop for navigation instead of those 4" Garmin's is night and day difference.
You need to consider that the CF18/19 does not have a DVD drive..Not a huge deal, but it can add an extra step or two when installing software..
The CF18/19 is available with a digitizer. That makes it really nice to take notes or do accurate drawings..I use my other digitizer tablet to write notations on photographs.

Mxx20

#8 Post by Mxx20 »

Our shop has a Panasonic tablet with the digitizer it's a nice feature...one thing I saw with the Cf-c1 and it has the bigger screen(if I'm not mistaken)... I've got the GPS in my30 right now and haven't used it add much as i thought I would.....I could see the convertible feature being really useful jumping in and out of trucks

Shawn

#9 Post by Shawn »

I think Panasonic makes another convertible...It's not a rugged unit though.

Aha ...That's the CF-C1 you are talking about. It is listed as semi rugged.
That's a nice unit...It has touchscreen, so you can write with it. Not as good as a digitizer, but they are useable.

Mxx20

#10 Post by Mxx20 »

Hmm...to many options lol...what I'm trying to figure out is what is the better option.... I wonder if the semi would perform better for what I need....

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”