CF51 No sound/no hotkeys after a Windows 8 upgrade

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
Snow-Ape

CF51 No sound/no hotkeys after a Windows 8 upgrade

#1 Post by Snow-Ape »

So I recently upgraded from XP to Windows 8 on my CF51 (MK3)... at first the sound worked, but noticed a couple days later after updating some stuff, its not working anymore? I can't seem to find much on it, though it sounds like a common problem?

Can anyone break this down for me romper room style? A link to a driver and procedure for update or something?

Lastly, It keeps prompting me to update to windows 8.1 and everytime I go to the windows store to do it, I click on the tab to update and nothing happens?? Nothing.

Thanks in advance... you guys helped me through updating this computer a year ago and I appreciate the help.

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

Re: CF51 No sound/no hotkeys after a Windows 8 upgrade

#2 Post by toughasnails »

I wish I could help you but I never liked W8 or do I know anyone that has it on a 51. I can tell you it runs W7 great...I have it on my 51. Myself I think it's more for a touchscreen model than anything
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

wyrm73

#3 Post by wyrm73 »

Snow-Ape: Look through the updates that were installed and see if there were any updated sound drivers installed. There should be a link on the left side of the add/ remove programs page to show installed updates and just sort them by date.

toughasnails wrote:Myself I think it's more for a touchscreen model than anything
W8 really seems designed to have touch as the only input, so a tablet or a phone really. It's too much of a pain to switch between keyboard/ mouse and the touch input on a laptop. I tried it on a touchscreen CF-30 and almost always ended up using a mouse. You get used to it on a regular non-touch computer, but then what is the point of it?

Snow-Ape

#4 Post by Snow-Ape »

Any help on this? I still have no sound and Panasonic just short of told me to Go F' Myself... "That computer was designed for XP and we have no intention of updating drivers".

If anyone knows the special sauce and can break it down for me step by step, romper room style, I'd sure appreciate it.

Mike

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”