Quick question regarding Cf-19 MK5 Touch Screen

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
RDJacob

Quick question regarding Cf-19 MK5 Touch Screen

#1 Post by RDJacob »

I am trying to see if a MK3 touch screen will work in a MK5. So far it kind of works, but the lower I press on the screen, the slower it gets. It will not move the cursor to the bottom of the screen at all.

I've tried three of them so far, and it's the same issue each time. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Thank you in advance.

:doh:

teo

Re: Quick question regarding Cf-19 MK5 Touch Screen

#2 Post by teo »

Did you try TS calibration on each unit? Btw, I've just found out that CF-19MK3 has also an issue with TS panel. FYI.

teo

SHEEPMAN!

#3 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

I have an idea. Send one to me and let me play with the problem. I'm not kidding, I'm interested. :)

Suggest installing Linux 12.04 in a spare caddy. It will run in anything (any CF-19) and there are a couple diagnostic things you can try. W7 is so secretive about what is happening behind the scenes.

Meanwhile...is this the same W7 caddy switched between machines? The calibration numbers are hidden in the registry somewhere...the only thing you can do is check the re-set box on the calibration page to zero them out and start over for each unit unless you know where the numbers are stashed.

Teo, Is this new with the MK3 panel? Just one has a problem or more than one? Did they change the length of the circuits maybe....maybe change material?

Jacob, Can you check a MK3 and MK5 at the same time and measure resistance for 1/3 2/4 on the TS FPC? No particular number here. One circuit will have higher resistance than the other due to circuit length. (In my limited experience) I'm wondering if there is a significant difference between the TS panels in the MK3 and MK5.
Another weak point is the connector on the TSPCB. On CF-19! See a post by Morgan re: building up the thickness of the FPC cable end. And always tape very securely.

That's what I get for sleeping for twelve hours. Ideas are popping.

Wait, you're dealing with closed lids, yes? That idea just popped out. All of the above was concerned with a situation where the lid is off and the TS FPC un-plugged from TSPCB.
So in your case this is multiple lids on multiple lowers or one lid on multiple lowers? If one lid blame the lid and check the TSPCB connection in the lid.

Try MK3 touchscreen driver? I noticed today that MK4 is using a Wacom Finger Touch (in a Multi-touch unit) so if MK3 is Fijitsu and MK5 in Wacom...where does that take us?

Swap the TSPCB from the donor to the receiver?

Does this make sense to anyone? Don't answer that.

Jacob, Rob has my cell number if you need clarification. Remembering that confusion and clarification start and end with the same letters. :D (I just made this up)

Jeff...drinking coffee at midnight...
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#4 Post by Rob »

Remember that you were trying to put a touch screen into a dual touch unit. Is there any follow up here Jacob or did you post this before you talked to me yesterday?

Thanks!
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

RDJacob

#5 Post by RDJacob »

My bad, shit got hectic towards the end of the day. Yea Rob, you're right. I posted this a while before I talked to you. This post was pertaining to that exact situation. Thanks again for your help hah

As a matter of fact thank you all for the turn out. its much appreciated

mklym

#6 Post by mklym »

To expand on what Jeff had to say about TS circuit resistance, I was checking a 13.3" TS and the readings were 221.6 Ohms on one pair and 651 Ohms on the second pair. The TS was good, the problem was the connector on the TSPCB. It is not that you focus on the numbers themselves, your readings may/will be different, but on the wide variance between the two readings. FYI.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”