The Big End to our Computer/Orphan Program

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
orphanlr

The Big End to our Computer/Orphan Program

#1 Post by orphanlr »

Well,

Sadly I am going to have to step back from the madness and concentrate on other aspects of our work, so, after we deliver the remaining units south, we shall not be in the Toughbook/orphan business.

It's just too hard to get the PATA hard drives and caddies, and my wife has confiscated my last credit card.

I had become an impromptu arms dealer, selling off some of my guns to fund the addiction, but even that market has gone soft. :blowaway:

Then, with the proliferation of tablets, donations of working laptops has slowed, and on top of that, some of our sites have been getting donations of better computer systems than we offer.

What this means is my repository of free stuff to TBT members just got bigger, as I'll be emptying the shelves of parts, parts units, whole but not working units, power adapters, you name it.

I'm not sure anyone wants the cf-28 units, but I have those, cf-29 unassembled, parts units and parts, and even some cf-18 stuff.

I'm thinking I'll just photograph everything, post the pics, and you can have whatever you pay shipping on.

I also have a collection of older digital PDAs like color treos and HP type, cell phones, and these are on the block.

Now if someone was willing to drive, they could also have all the used donated printers and multi-function printer/scanners I cant ship.

I'll also have some things for sale, mainly caddies and stuff like that, but prices will be fair.

AND FINALLY, ROB, I will be surrendering my official Toughbook challenge coin to you, so PM me a good address when you get a minute.

Take care and stay tuned,

Sam

Toughbook

Re: The Big End to our Computer/Orphan Program

#2 Post by Toughbook »

Wow... This has to be close to a punch in the gut for you. You have been doing this for years! Sorry to hear you can no longer fuel the addiction but you DO need to keep your hand in it... You never know!
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#3 Post by Rob »

OMG OMG OMG! OMG! ADDRESS PM INBOUND!
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

#4 Post by toughasnails »

Rob wrote:OMG OMG OMG! OMG! ADDRESS PM INBOUND!
I just knew Rob would freak out :cheers:
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

orphanlr

#5 Post by orphanlr »

Some pics to start with...

Two of the three cf-18 models are b or d, and mostly complete but had dim lcds, so were in the stack.

There in also a gps board and antenna from another non-toughbook laptop, cant remember what it was.

And this weekend ill finish with the other laptops for the pile.

AND, I have a pc computing package set, a desktop board and three other modules that let you hook up three sets of moitors and keyboards to one cpu. I think its an N-computing set-up.

Did I mention I also have maybe a hundred Dell desktop keyboards...........
Attachments
small2.jpg
small2.jpg (71.17 KiB) Viewed 9035 times
small3.jpg
small3.jpg (76.2 KiB) Viewed 9035 times
small4.jpg
small4.jpg (75.96 KiB) Viewed 9035 times
small5.jpg
small5.jpg (86.16 KiB) Viewed 9035 times
small6.jpg
small6.jpg (61.86 KiB) Viewed 9035 times
small1.jpg
small1.jpg (82.67 KiB) Viewed 9035 times
Last edited by orphanlr on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orphanlr

#6 Post by orphanlr »

So what I've been stacking is two bad cf-27, some cf-28's, the big stack is cf-29s, then three cf-18s, a stack of just the lcd halves, a bunch of colorful but bad attempts as adding color tops before I found someone else to do it, a stack of floppy drives, all sorts of keyboards, some PDRC keyboards and monitors, and a collection of old PDA units. There is a 27 & 28 caddy if someone wants it. And a car metal mount unk what model. AND a huge bin of parts that I will get better pics of with about every door, and cover and hinge and piece around.

The five cf-29 caddies are not complete, either missing the foam or the cables or everything, but I'd sell all five for $60.
Last edited by orphanlr on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

orphanlr

#7 Post by orphanlr »

a few more

AND you should see all sorts of cd/dvd rom units from multiple laptops, including some toughbook cd caddies in parts.

Plus 10 new in the box thin dvd rom drives leveno/IBM laptop style, gonna try and sell those for 5 bucks each to local computer shop, but if no deal, those will be in the free pile as well.
Attachments
small7.jpg
small7.jpg (73.79 KiB) Viewed 9035 times
Last edited by orphanlr on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ADOR

#8 Post by ADOR »

I know everyone is thinking it so I will just say it........DAM.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Toughbook

#9 Post by Toughbook »

LOL... I remember when he first started doing this. Now he has more than just about anyone else.
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

orphanlr

#10 Post by orphanlr »

And this after 200 plus out the door delivered, twenty ready to go, ten waiting on HDrives, yea, its sick.

But Ador, my friend, I have your address, and I could sneak in under cover of darkness, drop the tailgate and unload, and be gone before the dogs start barking..............

Then you could play with them........

You sure you dont want it all..... :) :)

oh, the stack includes some new cf-30 HD doors if anyone needs some.

Did I mention theres alot of new and used port covers...........

Did I mention I have a boatload of old RAM SIMMS, probubly 60 to 70

Intel 2100, 2200 wifi cards and all sort of other cards
Last edited by orphanlr on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”