CF-52 MK3 SSD Issues

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
Connor922

Re: CF-52 MK3 SSD Issues

#21 Post by Connor922 »

teo wrote:
Connor922 wrote:Ok so heres an update on this, I successfully ran the recovery disk on another MK3 machine. After the recovery software ran and shut down, I placed the SSD and caddy back in the other machine. Boom BSOD immeadiately or windows displays an error. Is there a different recovery disk for the 2.53 MK3 versus the 2.4?? I also checked RAM is good and caddy and cable connector is good. :confused:

Connor ...Check the setting of the drive from the machine If it is IDE or AHCI. If you installed an os from the machine with a setting of IDE and then place it into another machine with setting of AHCI. It will give you an BSOD. It must be at the same setting.

teo
Teo, I installed both on (Compatible) not AHCI. The recovery media would not boot for the SSD on AHCI. I got it to boot in the other machine now in safe mode, I am downloading the driver for the ATI video card. I'm wondering if its BSOD because the host install machine does not have the ATI card/driver and the transplant machine does?

Shawn

Re: CF-52 MK3 SSD Issues

#22 Post by Shawn »

Connor922 wrote:........... I'm wondering if its BSOD because the host install machine does not have the ATI card/driver and the transplant machine does?

That will do it........
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”