I GOT ONE...or two...

Post all general Itronix GoBook related things here.
interestingfellow

I GOT ONE...or two...

#1 Post by interestingfellow »

Hi, my name is Rob, and I'm an addict.

I couldn't help myself, I saw ya'll talking, and scooped up a couple. One in good shape, and one "for parts".

The first one was dirty, but in good shape, the second one looks like it had been used on a few tours of duty in the desert, but has/had the gps/bluetooth. I've put all the ram/good parts on the first unit. On the bluetooth, I didn't want to loose a wifi antenna, So I just stripped off 31mm of the jacket/ground shield from the BT lead, and taped it inside the GPS housing. It's going to be for my 10 year old. I've got all the drivers loaded and the touch screens both work, and GPSinfo picked up 7 sats inside, no problem! I haven't tried th BT yet.

But the batteries don't work. I've left one of them plugged in for 3 hours or so, and they have both been plugged in/not and turned on/off multiple times. I've looked here for some answers, but;

Does anyone know how to revive dead batteries?
Has anyone repacked the battery?
Does the battery ic prevent it?
Are they flat lipo's or 18650's?

He has seen it and examined it while I've been working on it and I can't wait to give this thing to him; he's commented on how bad he wants one. I'm even thinking about some cool little paint job to spruce it up for him.

ON the second unit, I don't know what i"ll do with it. I'm either going to get the parts and use it as a laptop, or dissemble it and make a "tablet" out of it....or something.
Anyway, I could use almost all the port covers on the back, if anyone has them.

Thanks!

Return to “General Dynamics Itronix Talk”