Where is everyone?

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
Silver Trooper

Where is everyone?

#1 Post by Silver Trooper »

Is it just me, or has it been unusually quiet in this forum lately? Everything must be running very smoothly for everyone. :zzz:
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Connor922

Re: Where is everyone?

#2 Post by Connor922 »

Very quiet indeed, I've been busying selling TBs locally on my three goverment contracts, did you ever solve your 74 screen?

Iceman304

#3 Post by Iceman304 »

I was wondering that myself. But I am not getting notifications for some reason. I just saw your post because I came checking the board.

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#4 Post by Rob »

Notifications? You mean if you sign up for a particular thread?? - I don't think you can do that... I know the emailing system is working correctly because I get emails from the forums here (PM's etc...).

Everyone signed up and then left :(... I don't wanna bug people, but everyone should post more :D
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

rjenkins

#5 Post by rjenkins »

Well, I'm still checking in both here & NBR on a regular basis.

I've just been too tied up with work to do much in regard to Toughbooks, and until I sell one of my -29s I can't afford to look at a -30...
Robert Jenkins
Presently using a CF-31 Mk5, Toughbook #10 (I think.. too many to keep track of)

Silver Trooper

#6 Post by Silver Trooper »

Connor922 wrote:Very quiet indeed, I've been busying selling TBs locally on my three goverment contracts, did you ever solve your 74 screen?
No, I never did. The touch screen shows in the BIOS, as does the ability to turn on/off. However, it does not show in device manager and every effort at uninstalling/installing has not made a difference. :doh:
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Connor922

#7 Post by Connor922 »

Silver Trooper wrote:
Connor922 wrote:Very quiet indeed, I've been busying selling TBs locally on my three goverment contracts, did you ever solve your 74 screen?
No, I never did. The touch screen shows in the BIOS, as does the ability to turn on/off. However, it does not show in device manager and every effort at uninstalling/installing has not made a difference. :doh:
Strange my 74 did not how a touchscreen option in the BIOS, it was an MK1, I seem to remember yours being newer? Maybe they changed it. I turned out to be the second owner of mine and it was still under warranty, you might check especially if yours is newer to see if they will cover it!

tomcat57

#8 Post by tomcat57 »

Yes , I agree real quiet here, and NBR
Especially on new modifications

Think the poor economy effecting Rick and Teo’s sales a bit , and when that happens , they don’t have bare units to improve on

I can tell, as they aren’t even checking in on the deals area to look for replacements

Lots of Toughbooks selling on eBay, but mostly at the lower price ranges

I just bought a basic cf-30 for a cheap enough price that I have some money left over to mod it a bit
My mk-2 cf-30 that I purchased last year was well optioned so this mk-1 will get me thinking a bit on improvements

Alex

coffey7

#9 Post by coffey7 »

I'm still here but have been working like a Devils everyday. At first I thought my business would be slow the way the paper and news were talking depression but things are flying for me. At this point me and my workers are at this moment putting heating pads on our backs because we are sore.

Toughbook

#10 Post by Toughbook »

Yes.. Sales are slow! People are wanting rediculous crap for cheap..... I can't do that. I put a lot of money AND time into my laptops... I have 2 CF-18s & 2 CF-29s on ebay now... Hoping to sell at least two of them before I leave for San Juan on vacation in 10 days or so...

I've been lucky enough to have some repeat and referral business... Some from some surprising sources including one where I buy some of my parts! So that has tided me over... But I need to sell some Toughbooks!

I hate to say it but I have been too busy to check in here except periodically and even on the other forum... But I have noticed that things are slow on pretty much all forums. I also belong to a Porsche forum... It's a little slow there too.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Rick
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”