CF-D1 GPS kit.

Post all queries to buy sell or trade Toughbooks in here.
Michael AU

CF-D1 GPS kit.

#1 Post by Michael AU »

Late last year I bought a GPS kit for my CF-D1. Unfortunately for me it won't fit mine because mine doesn't have the correct motherboard. So I am giving it away to whoever wants it, all I ask is that you pay postage.

It is the exact same as the one listed here https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/30398897460 ... SwSXhglTnL
CF-29 x 3 (Debian (Rugged) 11, FreeDOS 1.2, Windows 7)
CF-30 (Debian 11, Windows 10)
CF-31SBLAX1M (Debian 11, Windows 10)
CF-D1 (Debian 11, Windows 10, trying BlissOS)
Never give up, never surrender!

mklym

Re: CF-D1 GPS kit.

#2 Post by mklym »

" ..... correct motherboard. " Is that due to it being a Celeron (Audi/VW unit) and not an i5 cpu, or something else?

What would postage be to postal code T5H 2W9?

EDIT Never mind. I looked over the pictures and my system board does not have the board connector that the cable goes into. Probably the same problem as you have. END EDIT
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

ADOR

#3 Post by ADOR »

No other place on the board you can adapt it too? (I haven't had one of these units yet)
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Michael AU

#4 Post by Michael AU »

ADOR wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:10 pmNo other place on the board you can adapt it too? (I haven't had one of these units yet)
I honestly don't know and without, a lot of, help it is possibly beyond my skill level. If there is I am happy to work with someone who knows to get it working on my unit.
CF-29 x 3 (Debian (Rugged) 11, FreeDOS 1.2, Windows 7)
CF-30 (Debian 11, Windows 10)
CF-31SBLAX1M (Debian 11, Windows 10)
CF-D1 (Debian 11, Windows 10, trying BlissOS)
Never give up, never surrender!

mklym

#5 Post by mklym »

ADOR wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:10 pm No other place on the board you can adapt it too? (I haven't had one of these units yet)
One of the problems is that his D1 is one of the Celeron units that Panasonic made special for VW/Audi. There are connectors missing from the system board and they also have a special BIOS.

I am not saying it can not be done, probably can but requires a higher electrical/electronic knowledge than I possess.

Shawn or Teo would probably be able to figure it out with little effort.

Hang onto the GPS unit for the time being Michael.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade Trade Forum”