Drivers and more

Post all questions and information about the business rugged machines here.
kschewe

Drivers and more

#1 Post by kschewe »

Looking to get driver and bios updates or original for the let's note series. They are hard to find since most of the old models i have seem to be discontinued on the panasonic site. Also trying to navigate in Japanese is a challenge.
This site should a make host a dl for drivers or maybe one of us can google drive it.
I am looking for cf-s10 mk1 bios. I have a few of these machines. I do not know if there was ever an update for these.

ADOR

Re: Drivers and more

#2 Post by ADOR »

There is also the Canada Panasonic site to check out, may have to look at specs to find a similar model and use those.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

kschewe

#3 Post by kschewe »

There doesnt seem to be much for the older models and anything from Japan. there are a few web sites that you need to pay to get the bios dumps.
I have done 2 now. I can program the bios so far on cf-rz5 and cf-s10. I would like to compare to an original bios though. I unlocked the cf-s10 but it shows 100000h on it lol. must of made a mistake. the onboard ethernet does not work also. might of been like that. There was a few shorts on the board i fixed.
It would be nice to know how to add microcode to allow for newer and better wifi and bluetooth cards also

ADOR

#4 Post by ADOR »

Have you tried any pin mods to the cards you are installing? Some others have had luck taping over or using clear nail polish over one pin and it doesn't affect how the card works but the machine will accept the card. I think it's the "20 pin" is the one you need, but I am not 100 % sure as it has been a long time since I did it and it was only to one machine.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

kschewe

#5 Post by kschewe »

I tried the pin mod with the newer style intel ax200 with bluetooth 5. The pin mod did not work on this card in a cf-c2. I could only get the wifi to work but no bluetooth. not a big deal. the card worked in a lenovo t440. some models have more ports inside and i was able to put internal pcie to usb in a cf-h2, added external usb type c and gps on internal mod on the off that card.
Not sure I want to learn how to do the micro code. So far I can do intel gen 6 and older bios passwords, newest panasonic i have
This site seems quite dead compared to the old one. I like to host or collect all the bios and drivers for most of the models still. Maybe in the future make some custom bios. These models are not popular here so not many are interested in them. I was able to get a nice bios mod for my gen 4 desktop, gigabyte. Able to boot from a pcie to nvme card, makes a decent improvement loading windows and gaming.

Return to “Let's Note and Business Rugged Talk”