CF-30 Win 10 and Intel Chipset Family WDDM 1.1

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
n4wwl

CF-30 Win 10 and Intel Chipset Family WDDM 1.1

#1 Post by n4wwl »

I have several CF-30s that are all running Win 10 (v. 1903) with no problem. However, one of my CF-30s (mk 2, 64-bit) gives me the BSOD and the message KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE whenever it reboots. I've run all the checks (memory, files, etc.) and I think the problem is with the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family WDDM 1.1 display adapter, which I don't think is compatible with Win 10. I think the KERNEL error is being caused by this driver.

Device Manager only shows this entry under Display Adapters. There is no entry for Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, so I wonder if disabling or uninstalling this WDDM 1.1 driver will cause any problems.

I tried manually updating the Intel driver to WDDM 2.6 (for Win 10 ver 1903), but got an error message that the computer did not meet the minimum requirements for installing it. I got the same error message when trying WDDM 2.5 and 2.0. I think that's because these more recent drivers are designed to work with more modern computers with upgraded chips. The Intel WDDM 1.1 Chipset was apparently designed for Win XP or Vista and Intel does not have an updated Chipset Family driver for Win 10 applications.

So my question is: Does anyone else have this problem and is there a workaround for it? Before I disable or uninstall the Intel WDDM 1.1 driver, I'd like to be sure it won't mess up my CF-30 display adapter or anything else.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dave

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”