29 Touchscreen working until I installed a EnGenius EMP-8602

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
SHEEPMAN!

Re: 29 Touchscreen working until I installed a EnGenius EMP-8602

#11 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Gork! wrote:
toughasnails wrote:That's my feeling too, I am guessing and hoping that its a easy swap between MK1 and MK5.....I have a extra MK1 touchscreen. :D
If all else fails.....I just finished installing a brammy new touchscreen element form techtuff (techtough). My it works nice. It comes with protective film on both sides. I cleaned the LCD and pulled the inner film. Left the outer film on until I get a screen protector. The flat cable has copper elements I believe are better than the pana ones.

More later.

Jeff :clapping:
X 2 :) Did a Mark 3 CF-29 and a Mark 5. Both work dandy.

My weapon of choice for the old screen is a paint scraper type double edge razor blade. I tip the safe edge up a little and push or pull it until it meets the bezel. Go all the way around in five minutes. THEN un-screw and separate the upper case. Unplug the little flat cable. When separated and with the lid and LCD rolled out of the way push gently on the old screen until it releases. Some times a little fine tuning (cutting) with the razor is necessary in the corners.
Make sure when you put the new screen in that it goes inside the clear plastic guides. Up to six pieces can fall out. Two white one and 4 black ones (2 long, 2 short). Just note where they live. If the black ones fall out replace them after putting the LCD element in place. The clear plastic goes towards the screen. The little white corner pieces come in two sizes. The one with the short side goes opposite the corner where the cable plugs in.
Peek under to see if the screen is laying flat before tightening the screws. It shouldn't move if you press it into the adhesive but it could. DAMHIK Oh, and pull the protective film off the inside before assembling.
Concerning the flat cable. I plug and unplug with veterinary forceps and I tape the black plastic protector piece out of the way.
Taking pictures isn't a bad idea if this is your first go.
Takes an hour and 15 minutes the second time.
One more thing I guess....this stuff is made to fit. If you have to force anything take time to find out why otherwise you get the crkkkkkk!!! sound. :eek:
FWIW

Jeff :salute:
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”