CF-29 Paramter Error Please input, again - Touchscreen issue

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
ctxjeep

Re: CF-29 Paramter Error Please input, again - Touchscreen issue

#11 Post by ctxjeep »

Just as a though, I got a CF-29 mk2 that had same symptoms, tried cleaning around the bezel/screen, did not do any good. Figured what the Hll, pulled the lid apart and took out the screen, cleaned both the screen and display with a micofibre cloth for my TV screen, re-assembled all, and presto- could calibrate and now have a working touchscreen. Might be worth a try

John

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

#12 Post by toughasnails »

Well it sure can't hurt. I wonder if anyone else has tried this. I have one 29 that the touch doesn't work so I will give it a try.
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

interestingfellow

#13 Post by interestingfellow »

Yeah, mine will start working randomly soon. I don't know if it's heat or vibration, opening/closing the lid. The bad touch fairy has been visiting, so I'm praying to the good touch fairy right now.

In the mean time, I'll take it back apart and reseat everything. That's worked for me in the past as well.

monsterbronc

Re: CF-29 Paramter Error Please input, again - Touchscreen i

#14 Post by monsterbronc »

My MK1 just started goofing up last week, Ive had issues off and on before ever since I plugged in a USB mouse, but recalibrating it always fixed it. now my curser isn't going into corners or anything, but it is close at the top of the screen, but by the time I drag it to the bottom, its 3 inched above where I touch. side to side tracks normal. I tried the toothpick trick, and it made no difference. I'm going to try popping the lid off and cleaning around the housing.
I hope to fix it, because my panasonic install discs dont work in a floppy.

monsterbronc

Re: CF-29 Paramter Error Please input, again - Touchscreen i

#15 Post by monsterbronc »

Yup, its fixed, I found the glass doesn't seem to want to come out of the housing, but I got the LCD out just fine. rather than break the glass trying I just removed theglass side of the housing and with canned air and a toothpick I cleaned inside and out. reassembled, and it calibrated first try.

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”