Getac B300 battery not charging, stuck at 0%

Post all Getac related things here.
thewanderlustking

Getac B300 battery not charging, stuck at 0%

#1 Post by thewanderlustking »

Out of all of my non Apple computers, I think this B300 is probably my favorite. It has some features that actually beat out my Toughbooks. But it still doesn't get used as regularly as I would like since my MacBook is what gets picked up 999 times out of 1000. Anyways I have an actual need for it that would put it into (more) regular use, but it won't charge the battery anymore. I think the problem was caused by a software glitch in Unbutu. It is running dual boot with W7 and Unbutu. I think it went into suspend/hibernate and then kept draining the battery down past the point of no-return. While I had left it plugged in, at some point the powers tip it was plugged into got unplugged...

Anyways I have tried multiple reboots into both os systems to the point I even broke Windows and it is now convinced that is pirated. (Who knows, it may have been lol.) I don't particularly care what OS it ends up on, the software I need is available for Linux, OSX, and Doze. But I don't want to put any effort into fixing that, with a battery not working.

Any ideas for a quick workflow to diagnose this? I don't mind replacing the sorta expensive battery, if I can prove it is simply a battery issue. I would PREFER to zap the battery and try to revive it first though. At least long enough to get the other issues sorted out and actually try this machine out for its new purpose. I have not been able to find any pinout information for the battery terminals. I do have some hobby chargers I could finagle into giving it a slight zap charge...

I do not have a Getac power adapter... It came with a Toshiba one that has worked fine for well over a year. Turns out Panasonic adapters also plug right in. I have tried both and get the same results, the charge indicator slowly blinks orange. If I have it boot to windows there is a point in the process where the indicator goes green for a second, and the laptop powers off and restarts. It will boot all the way into linux.
CF-3110778CM, CF-19ADUU51M

Return to “Getac Talk”