Asus Gobi 2000 Card Drivers

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
Banshee

Re: Asus Gobi 2000 Card Drivers

#41 Post by Banshee »

Sorry for the late reply, I've been a little busy at home and at work with other things

I followed Rob's advice and still having the same issue

I can only get the Toughbook to recognize the card if I have the dip switches on WWAN1 and WWAN2

The card will NOT detect at all when set to WWAN3

I still however have the issue whereby the card only installs the COM11 device and causes device manager to flicker constantly as if it is refreshing for the installation of another component but it never does :doh: This only stops when the Gobi card has been removed

I can't see as there is another way forward, is it time to contact the seller and get a refund stating that it is faulty or is there something else I can try?

Thanks guys
CF-19K Mk3 (KHRAHPE) Core 2 Duo, 500GB S/ATA HDD, 4GB RAM, Waterproof Rubber Lit Keyboard
Upgrades Pending - SSD HDD, 8GB RAM Upgrade, GPS Upgrade Kit

CF-U1 Mk1 - Windscreen mounted with Freeview and GPS OS Maps

mklym

#42 Post by mklym »

I think it is faulty or/and it is not a Panasonic card. If it was a good Panasonic brand card, it should have worked with the software from Panasonic UK I posted links to. I can't think of anything else to try.

If you want a Panasonic Gobi2000, contact Rob. He will sell you a brand new card. More than on the bay, but it will work right out of the box, without jumping through hoops.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Banshee

#43 Post by Banshee »

mklym wrote:I think it is faulty or/and it is not a Panasonic card. If it was a good Panasonic brand card, it should have worked with the software from Panasonic UK I posted links to. I can't think of anything else to try.

If you want a Panasonic Gobi2000, contact Rob. He will sell you a brand new card. More than on the bay, but it will work right out of the box, without jumping through hoops.
How much are we talking roughly? I've paid £40 for this one and really don't want to spend a fat lot more to get this working
CF-19K Mk3 (KHRAHPE) Core 2 Duo, 500GB S/ATA HDD, 4GB RAM, Waterproof Rubber Lit Keyboard

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#44 Post by Rob »

I already replied.

They are normally $199, but for forum members I can do $110 shipped. FORUM MEMBERS ONLY!

Thanks!
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

Banshee

#45 Post by Banshee »

Rob wrote:I already replied.

They are normally $199, but for forum members I can do $110 shipped. FORUM MEMBERS ONLY!

Thanks!
Got your PM :D

I'll be investing in one of those when I get the money back for the one I have brought already

I'll only need to put an extra £22 to it then :D

mklym

#46 Post by mklym »

See, it was easy to get the proper card, you needed to look in the right place. :D

Once you get the card from Rob, the software from Panasonic UK should work proper.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Banshee

#47 Post by Banshee »

mklym wrote:See, it was easy to get the proper card, you needed to look in the right place. :D

Once you get the card from Rob, the software from Panasonic UK should work proper.
Thanks for all the help with this guys :) just quibbling with the china man I brought it from on eBay now for a refund.

He's been sending me poorly worded english questions such as "have does Gobi card device show Gobi2000 inside the device manager" lol

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”