Original recovery image for CF-31 MK1? Source for download? Who can give me a copy?

Post all questions and information about the CF-31 in here.
Tobias Claren

Original recovery image for CF-31 MK1? Source for download? Who can give me a copy?

#1 Post by Tobias Claren »

Hi.

I want to resell my CF-31 MK1 with 8GB RAM.
I want to make sure everything works properly.
I had Windows 10 on it and it was always slow.
A private seller on Ebay wrote to me that he had no problem with a CF-31 MK1 with only 2GB RAM. I found his auction ended.
Maybe I was just missing the right drivers (?). But there were also problems with audio. If I had muted the sound (function key), it did not come back even after De-Mute. The level showed playback but no sound. It came again, but in the end no sound came out at all.
I also sometimes had the problem that WLAN could not be activated in the taskbar (despite the hardware switch being active). A restart could help.
Now I have loaded and installed Windows 7 from a page of a computer magazine. No sound to be heard there either.
Not even with original Panasonic drivers.

I would like to install the original Windows 7 Recovery for testing.
Can I download it somewhere?
Is there a copy on the internet?
Can someone send me a digital copy privately?
Or put it on an FTP server.

I still have the original HDD in it and there is a partition "OEM ..." with over 800MB. But you can't access it.
I saw an "Recovery Partition" option in the BIOS in an Internet video. I don't have it.

Rich

Re: Original recovery image for CF-31 MK1? Source for download? Who can give me a copy?

#2 Post by Rich »

Hi Tobias,
Install windows 7 Pro 64, then go here. The only reason I say 64 bit is so you can use more than 4 gb ram.
https://na.panasonic.com/us/support/tou ... t-center#/
select "Product Line" = "computers"
select "Model" = "Toughbook CF-31"
select "Support Type" = "One Click Bundles"

Download the appropriate bundle, right click, then run as administrator. This will install all of the correct drivers, it might take 5 - 10 minutes.

Rich
We get some rules to follow.
That and this, these and those

CF-20 Mk1, CF-31 Mk5 i7, CF-31 Mk6 i7, FZ-G1 Mk2, CF-54 Mk2, CF-29 Mk5, CF-74J,
Star Labs Star Lite Mk3, Star Labs Labtop Mk3, Raspberry Pi 4b 8gb, Raspberry Pi-400, Raspberry Zero W(running piaware), Raspberry Pi 2

Tobias Claren

Re: Original recovery image for CF-31 MK1? Source for download? Who can give me a copy?

#3 Post by Tobias Claren »

Hi.

Only 311MB. Interestingly, the WLAN driver alone had 377MB :rofl: .

I have to "unfortunately" announce that I have just sold the device. A buyer quickly reported to the Ebay classified ad (no ~10 Percent fee for ebay).
He wants to use the device for auto diagnosis in a car workshop.
It was not important to him whether the audio could possibly have an error.
I had problems with Win10 but also after installing the "naked" Win7.
I asked for € 375 (~ $ 417) and we settled on € 360 (~ $ 400). With NoName USB3 card inserted. Apparently I no longer need them on the MK3.
I think that's a good price (for me). Because, in August 2017, I paid € 293.99 (~ $ 326) including postage as an eBay auction.
A few days ago I bought a CF31 MK3 (thats the reason to sold the MK1) for € 286.85 ($ 319) including postage.

I may be expecting the MK3 tomorrow. I hope it also contains a DVD with the operating system.
Otherwise the question now applies to an MK3.

OT: Do you know if MK3 can handle more than 2.2TB? I did not find any information about this before buying spontaneously.

Rich

#4 Post by Rich »

Sounds like you did pretty good on that deal.
i don't have any knowledge about HDD size limitations. Maybe someone else?
We get some rules to follow.
That and this, these and those

CF-20 Mk1, CF-31 Mk5 i7, CF-31 Mk6 i7, FZ-G1 Mk2, CF-54 Mk2, CF-29 Mk5, CF-74J,
Star Labs Star Lite Mk3, Star Labs Labtop Mk3, Raspberry Pi 4b 8gb, Raspberry Pi-400, Raspberry Zero W(running piaware), Raspberry Pi 2

User32

#5 Post by User32 »

Rich wrote:Sounds like you did pretty good on that deal.
i don't have any knowledge about HDD size limitations. Maybe someone else?
HDD limits on a ~2012 machine? Only MBR has a 2TB limit, other than that: go nuts.

Return to “CF-31 Talk (Discontinued Model)”