S9 is coming to America!

Post all Toughbook news and upcomming info here.
redwoman

S9 is coming to America!

#1 Post by redwoman »

The S9 is part of Panasonic's Japanese family of Toughbooks known as thier "Let's Note" line. With the US W8 on its way out Panasonic is geared up to bring the S9 to America! The S9 will fit more appropriately into the Business rugged series that is quickly being updated with the recent additions of the F8/F9 and the C1. And it appears the black lid and silver body will start to become a trade mark of the Buisness Rugged Series.

Specs for the S9 currently released in Japan:
Panasonic Let’s Note S9
- Intel Core i5-520M vPro @ 2.40GHz
- 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM (Max 4GB)
- Intel QM 57 Express Chipset
- 250 GB HDD @ 5400rpm
- 12.1” LCD with a 1280 x 800 resolution

More information to come as i get it!!!

UPDATE: Tentative ETA for Announcement is September 2010
"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.” ~Frank Sinatra~

Comptronic

Re: S9 is coming to America!

#2 Post by Comptronic »

The S9 is here and is currently on the market. I will post a picture of one tomorrow night.

As for you saying the W8 is on it's way out, that's partially true. Panasonic is actually trying to revive it by selling it for almost half price.

Check out http://www.rapidacc.com/index.php?ref=5 to see the W8 at half price and for more information on the S9.

redwoman

Re: S9 is coming to America!

#3 Post by redwoman »

Comptronic wrote: As for you saying the W8 is on it's way out, that's partially true. Panasonic is actually trying to revive it by selling it for almost half price.
That's not a revival

Without releasing too much restricted information, let's just say that there was a surplus of 10,000 of these W8 models. 10,000 W8's is more then what Panasonic sells in a year worth of W8 sales. With that said its costing money to keep them on the shelves and they need them gone ASAP wich means price cut! Also notice how this is sudennly the only W8 model you can buy from Panaonic now. They used to have about 6 different W8 configs.
"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.” ~Frank Sinatra~

Return to “Toughbook News and Upcoming Info”