Fingerprint Reader Driver

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
Toughbook

Fingerprint Reader Driver

#1 Post by Toughbook »

Hey guys... I know I have been away for a while... But I just shipped of a CF-30 to an old customer from 2009 that had his CF-30 run over by a dump truck... Here's the thing... It shattered the screen and crushed the keyboard but the thing still worked in his docking station! LOL

I rebuilt him a barebones deal for a couple of bucks since he ordered like 5 from me over the years.

But here's the thing... He wanted a fingerprint reader installed and I didn't have one. So he installed his own and cannot find the right driver. His model is a CF-30FCS85AM that I think came with Vista Business? (Not sure and too lazy to look it up!) I installed W7 on it and it has worked great for him but he cannot find a driver that works for the reader.

Any help? Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks guys!

Rick
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

Shawn

Re: Fingerprint Reader Driver

#2 Post by Shawn »

Try these..

CF30 win7 mk3 ...Unpack with 7zip and install

http://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/downloa ... ss6953.exe

CF31 mk3 win7 32 bit ...unpack with 7zip and install

http://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/downloa ... s11067.exe
Life will beat you into submission.

Toughbook

#3 Post by Toughbook »

Shawn,

Thanks Bud.... I linked one of those and it ended up working.... AFTER he found he installed a ribbon cable upside down! The new kits, as you know, aren't pre-bent. You either know... Or you experiment and find out... He figured it out.

Thanks again! You are always "Johnnie on the Spot!"
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

Shawn

#4 Post by Shawn »

No problem, happy to help
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”