CF-30Mk1 TS FYI

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
mklym

CF-30Mk1 TS FYI

#1 Post by mklym »

First and foremost, credit for this goes to Sadlmkr.

My CF-30Mk1 ts was spot on for months. Last week, while using the unit, the calibration went out about 1" to the northeast of where the stylus touched. Tried to calibrate it using the 'Tablet Calibration' app in the control panel, but the results were the same as before. If I used the 'Calibrate' app in the 'Tablet PC Settings' in the control panel, the stylus was not recognized by the second cross-hair, so no calibration.

I installed an ssd and put Mint 15 Xfce on it. Calibrated perfect. Put the W7 ssd back in and nothing had changed.

After talking with Sadlmkr for about 20 min, he asked if I had tried the 'Reset' button in the 'Tablet PC Settings' app. I said no but that I would try it. Clicked the button, answered yes to the dialog box asking if I wanted to reset the calibration and that was it. Stylus was spot on again. Didn't even have to calibrate the screen.

So if your screen suddenly goes out of calibration, try the reset button first. FYI. :D
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

SHEEPMAN!

Re: CF-30Mk1 TS FYI

#2 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Good learning experience for both of us. PM and email are o.k. but a speaker phone and identical computers at both end of the line make things happen quicker.
So to clarify for the readers, Morgan, you are swapping disks Mint 15 to W7 with Vista COA MK1 correct? Bios 20 EC 11?
For the lurkers :)
1. XP COA 20/17 is a Touchscreen bios.
2. Windows 7 wants a Vista bios.
3. Mint 15 will deal with either but calibration numbers are different.

In W7 if your machine will not calibrate it may be caused by an out of range condition. So...reset the max/min for the range. (I think that is what we did) See my post re:Mint 15 (insert link here) about a similar condition.

The only reason I use M$ is for GPS so I dual boot or more recently dual disk. (1 for W7 1 for Linux) which is why I need a CF-30 caddy or two....but that is a different thread. :D Your job may require M$ products.

May I emphasize here that this is specific to CF-30 Mark 1. MK2 and above the touchscreen/tablet appears in bios. CF-30 MK1 (CF-19MK1???) no touchscreen/tablet in bios.

TOTALLY FWIW. Hope you learned a little....feedback and subtle criticism encouraged. :boing:
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

mklym

Re: CF-30Mk1 TS FYI

#3 Post by mklym »

Talking is still the best form of communication. It took about 20 minutes on the phone to do what would have taken a day or two by email/PM.

This was on a CF-30 Mk1 w/XPPro COA running BIOS V1.01L20 and EC V1.10L11 and I was using an Intel 240GB ssd w/W7Pro and an Intel 160GB ssd w/Mint 15 Xfce. The COA is XP but the BIOS is Vista, think that's what you meant. :D

No BLKB support, as well as the GPS problem, are the two biggest reasons I don't run any flavor of Linux full time. Cell card support is a close third. Linux is not ready for my prime time. :D
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”