rubber baby buggy bumpers :P

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
kode-niner

rubber baby buggy bumpers :P

#1 Post by kode-niner »

Anybody ever get Black Hawk Rubber Knobby protectors, or something similar?

:rofl: Just read some funny threads on NBR concerning some dodgy fleabay sales posted a few years ago.
Attachments
blackhawkknobby.jpg
blackhawkknobby.jpg (5.33 KiB) Viewed 10119 times
Daily drives a CF-31

Shawn

Re: rubber baby buggy bumpers :P

#2 Post by Shawn »

I am running for cover......You stirred up a heated topic....
His name is Brad....Banned from NBR as far as I know..

Where is my Nomex underwear at?
Life will beat you into submission.

WittgensteinSergeant

#3 Post by WittgensteinSergeant »

*grabs popcorn, starts Gmod on GT780 and streams to his trusty CF-19*

Dis is gunna b gud.

EDIT: Oh god damn it, no shitstorm? IM OUT! *gets into his 850 TT5-R AWD and shouts VERANDER DRIETACHTIG!"
Last edited by WittgensteinSergeant on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:31 am, edited 6 times in total.

Shawn

#4 Post by Shawn »

They call him Clinical Brad among half a dozen different alias Brad created.

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

#5 Post by toughasnails »

Shawn wrote:I am running for cover......You stirred up a heated topic....
His name is Brad....Banned from NBR as far as I know..
Now who would ban him :D . There were more threads / post but I deleted them :pbjt:
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

kode-niner

#6 Post by kode-niner »

Heh, well then let`s skip the flammables and focus on actual legit rubber knobbies, if there is such a thing. I don't particularly care about Brads, clinical or otherwise. I read that post about that guy that cut up his own rubber mat and stuck it on his CF-29 for something that didn't look half-bad. I wonder if someone other than Black Hawk successfully made and sold such a mod.
Daily drives a CF-31

Shawn

#7 Post by Shawn »

As far as I know, Brad is the sole producer of such a product.

Got me thinking...I wonder how Body Shutz would look.

Body Shutz is paintable undercoating made for automotive use. Very durable..
You could leave it the matte black color or even spray it silver.

You could mask the lid and use the Body Shutz on whatever parts / pattern you wanted.

Toughbook

#8 Post by Toughbook »

Nothing screams "MORON" more than clinical Brad's designs, ideas and claims.

I first ran into him when he was selling CF-29 HD caddies. I wasn't paying attention to the ad but noticed a great price and hit the BIN on Feebay. When it arrived I really thought it was a joke and I looked around for cameras. He used a real cable connector but the caddy itself was made out of some sort of extruded plastic. Kind of like me going through Home Depot, up and down the isles, until I spotted something that was about the size of the caddy that I could squeeze into the Toughbook. I immediately PM'd him and he tried to defend how superior it was over Panasonic's design! WRONG! He did refund my money though. A few other members, if I recall correctly, did the same thing.

Then he came out with his grandiose claims and then the rubber knobby "protector".... LOL... He joined NBR to hawk his stuff and I was the first one to point out their flaws and make fun of him... Something I rarely do... as most people know. He started emailing me with weird psycho threats of sorts and then he even bought UltimateToughbook.net to mock my UltimateToughbook.com. His site made fun of my Rolex that could be seen in one or two pictures in my tutorials. The guy was full on FLAKE! This went on and on and we went back and forth in emails.

It ended with me finding out where he lived and an email from me explaining that he did not know me or my capabilities... Or other people I knew and their capabilities. He sent me an apologetic email, took down the site, changed his name on ebay, etc. But his knobby protectors were still being sold under another name.

I still picture the 14 year olds that bought his products bragging to their friends who didn't have a clue.

If the Toughbook could be magically made even Tougher by a .50 cent piece of tire tread... I am sure Panasonic would have incorporated it into the design. If you want to mod your Toughbook in that manner and achieve similar results... Just paint it black and let it sit in the sun!

Originally I was thinking that some light colored truck bed coating on the outside of the lid might not be a bad idea. But even though light colored... It would still be a heat absorber of sorts.

If you want to mod your Toughbook... Do something meaningful like adding custom GPS or a Video Camera.
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

WittgensteinSergeant

#9 Post by WittgensteinSergeant »

Call me nuts or whatever, but I personally think those knobby protectors look pretty cool.

Also, Toughbook: nice doxxing work there.

Toughbook

#10 Post by Toughbook »

WittgensteinSergeant wrote:Call me nuts or whatever, but I personally think those knobby protectors look pretty cool.

Also, Toughbook: nice doxxing work there.
You are NUTS!

Unless your goal in life is to be a pimp. :pat:

And before you say how cool the "Chrome" is on the Toughbook... It is not chrome. It is polished magnesium. Do you know how fast polished magnesium oxidizes? VERY fast. Unless it is kept polished the shiny parts will be white in about a week. There is a reason that Panasonic totally seals the magnesium... So it WON'T oxidize!
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”