The Big End to our Computer/Orphan Program

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
orphanlr

Re: The Big End to our Computer/Orphan Program

#11 Post by orphanlr »

Teo,

I found two of the small/short cf-29 antenna assemblies, one still on the lcd. If i recall you like those.

Toughbook

#12 Post by Toughbook »

Have you thought about putting all this up on eBay as groups for auction. You have some serious money here that could go back to buying your guns back! It would take you some time to recoup it but still... I won't sell a gun unless I don't like the way it feels in my hand. To sell one to fund a worthy cause... That's just remarkable.

Make some money off this! Put some of those port covers on eBay too... You have more than enough!
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

orphanlr

#13 Post by orphanlr »

I did, thought I would just strip them down and part them out, but given the type of stuff, I figured it would be mostly our group buying or refurbing with the parts. I figured I'd cut out the middle man and go direct to the market, albeit for free. You guys have supported our efforts since we started, worth much more than what i'm offering up.

As to my weapons haul, I had been hording for a while, so selling four ARs and an equal number of handguns didnt hurt so bad; a little maybe. They just didnt seem that important when considering the value of the computer projects. But lately other organizations are recognizing the value of giving the tech to the orphanages, so the presure on us for that isnt as much.

So, this weekend I'll finish up the lists, and try to get out whatever is spoken for.

Funny, i though for sure somone here would want the PDAs to play with, given the color screens, chargers, software, cases, etc. I hate to dump it at Goodwill

Sam

Springfield

#14 Post by Springfield »

PM sent
ToughBooks: CF-74 73 53 52 51 31 30 29 28 27 25 19 18 08 07 C1 C2 F9 H1 M32 M33 M34 R2 S10 T8 T5 T4 T2 U1 W2 Y2 VDW07 PDRC ...
GoBooks: VR-2, XR-1, IX-260+, IX-350

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”